We recently gave a presentation on “Blogging” and to supplement the training this is our blog post with the blogging tips information we shared (and some bonus blogging tips as well).
Create Valuable Content
If you don’t create content then people will not find you and you will not be able to build a successful business online. And, if you are one of those people who struggle with what to write about, you don’t need to. Refer to our “What to Blog About“.
Many people ask us the question “How often should I write on my blog”? Our answer is, 2-3 times a week if you can. It is important to be consistent and have a schedule. When you write interesting posts, your readers will keep coming back to your blog for more! Write about boring stuff and you’ll lose your audience!
Your goal should be to write the best content you can so that your blog will stand out among the rest and generate you more readers. Best of all, you also want people to share your posts with their friends and followers because they are so good.
Get Social Traffic
You need to integrate your blog with the social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter so that you can drive massive, free traffic to your blog and ultimately into your business.
- Make your blog your primary website link on Twitter. Top blogging tip: Use a link to a capture page on your blog.
- Use TwitterFeed to automatically tweet about your new blog posts when they get published.
- Link to your blog from your Facebook profile.
- Import your blog RSS feed into Facebook as “Notes”. Top tip: Use “excerpts” in order to send your readers to your original posts. If you don’t do that, people will read the full content on Facebook and leave comments there. Remember that your goal is to drive traffic to your blog!
- If you have a Facebook Group or belong to a Facebook Group send members a message about your new posts, in order to get more visitors and readers.
- If you have a FanPage, send your new blog post updates to your fans.
- Use Facebook Comments for WordPress plugin to get more viral traffic as the commentors’ friends get exposed to your content.
- Link to your blog from your YouTube profile.
- Create short videos to promote your new posts. Send your viewers to the relevant blog link for full content, from the video description. Here’s an example
Get Search Traffic
You need to take advantage of the traffic from search engines such as Google, Yahoo & Bing. The most important piece of the puzzle when it comes to search results is keywords.
It’s important that you do keyword research before writing your posts so that people can find your content as well as ranking high in the search engines.
Once you have decided on your keywords, there are factors contributing to where your blog could show up in the search engines.
- Title – having your keywords in the blog title helps with your blog ranking.
- Keyword density – pay attention to how often your keywords are used in your posts. Don’t over-use them it just looks ridiculous!
- Blog structure – having your content organised and linked together internally helps your blog to get ranked
- Anchor text – use the relevant keyword that you want to rank for instead of words such as “click here”.
- Social Bookmarking – This is a great way to create quality backlinks from high page rank social bookmarking sites such as Digg.com, Delicious.com, StumbleUpon.com and so forth. You don’t have to use all the sites available on the web, you can just use 2 or 3 good ones.
- Syndication – share and backlink your blog content by using a service such as IMAutomator.com
Share Your Offers
The above processes are ways to get people to visit your website and to opt-in your list. Once they have joined your list it is important that you share valuable resources and information with them via your blog.
Communicate with your subscriber base regularly giving them really useful valuable content (from your blog) and periodically offerthem ethical offers for the products or services you believe in. Get this right and you will generate additional money and have a happy subscriber list!